The Waterway Management Twinning Program is a structured mentoring program, focusing on improving the on-ground delivery of current Victorian riparian restoration projects. This Program provides an opportunity for the most effective approaches to be shared and adopted between all those working in waterway management across the State.
The Waterway Management Twinning Program objectives are to:
- build capacity and confidence in people working in waterway management across a range of disciplines, from on-ground river restoration to evaluation to community engagement.
- connect and create networks that will sustain people in the long-term so that they continue to get support and assistance from the people they meet through the program.
- foster supportive behaviours within organisations so that mentoring becomes a part of workplace professional and personal development.
The nature of the mentor / mentee partnership and the work they do will vary, however, each partnerships centres around a specific project of the mentee. This ensures the program has tangible outcomes for Victorian river health projects. In addition, professional development activities which improve the mentee’s capacity to ultimately deliver river health outcomes are encouraged.
The Program will be run over eight months with three whole-of-group sessions, as well as ongoing contact and assistance being provided through phone calls, emails and a Yammer group. We will also use ‘Yammer’ an online communication platform that will enable each partnership to stay in touch with each other, as well as the wider group.
The mentor/mentee will work collaboratively to get results on the mentee’s chosen project, with a four stage process used to facilitate this:
- Mentors and mentees meet face-to-face and formalise their relationship by completing a mentoring agreement.
- Mentors and mentees continue to meet and work together on their mutual learning journey.
- Midway through the mentoring time frame, both parties review their progress and satisfaction.
- Concluding evaluation and end of formal relationship.
Expression of Interest
If you are interested in being a part of the program, pop your details below and we’ll be in touch soon: